Nuffnang~

Sunday 13 March 2016

Product review : Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express mascara

Do you want a pair of beautiful eyes with long and voluminous eye lashes? Read on to find out how you can achieve this look without the help of fake lashes!




Claims

Packaging
It comes in a sexy purple colour! :D with lace details~ fusiform shaped, easy to hold without dropping it ( I have butter fingers heh ;) )


Applicator brush
The brush is the soft classical type, criss crossed nylon bristles. It has a curved spoon design to it which will adapt better to the curvature of the eyes. There's even a friendly note here saying : use spoon brush with this side against lashes. How sweet~

*reminder : 
Texture
Fibre:
Loads and loads of fibre!! Super rich. It's like every stroke fills your lashes with fibres but they are not heavy at all! It won't make your lashes droopy. So amazing!

Consistency:
Very thick. Dries up fast, around 3-4 secs. No worries on smudging onto lower lids when you accidentally blink your eyes :) I bought the one in Black Drama. seriously damn black and dramatic LOL. me likey!! Great for creating dolly look!


Water proof
This might be the only negative point. Sadly It's not water proof :( I didn't know coz my sis bought this for me. Then I went to bathe without removing my make up. When I came out of the bathe room I got the shock of my life -.- looked like those girls who cried with mascara in the show xD and did I not already mention it's DAMN BLACK? Hahaha. Imagine that. I nearly got a heart attack -.-


Smear/smudge proof
I think it's quite smudge proof for a non water resistant mascara? Worn it to prom when I still had oily skin, it did not smudge even a little to my lower lids :)


Fix
What I LOVE about Maybelline mascaras is that they fixes your lashes in place so well!! Like if you curl your lashes nicely, it will take up the shape, will not make it droop even abit! Drooping is the thing I hate the most! Coz I spend alot of time curling my lashes and make sure it's in good shape before I apply mascara on. This is my 3rd Maybelline mascara and it still works like magic. I've tried many super branded and expensive mascaras which still droops your lashes. Quickly go get a Maybelline mascara right now if you have drooping problem!!


Ease of application
To be frank, it's a little harder to apply than the other Maybelline mascaras I had. Coz the bristle are abit too long. Applying Upper lashes is okay, but when it comes to lower lashes, it's really way to big! Even how careful I apply it will still get my lower lids. My advise is either use a card to block your lower lids beneath the lashes when u apply or use a comb type brush. I use the comb type brush from my Maybelline Cat eye series. It's okay too if you wanna just use it for upper lashes and use other for lower lashes. But the long and rich fibres look really nice and will definitely volumize you lower lashes!!


How to apply?
To get the long and dramatic lashes, follow these steps:
Apply in zig zag motion at the roots of the lashes. ONLY THE ROOTS!
Then pull out, upwards and straight direction.
Repeat the steps for the other parts. 
Make sure you follow the fan shape of your lashes. Front lashes brush toward head of your eye brows. Middle forward outwards. Back lashes outwards towards tail of you eye brow.



Pros cons
+ sexy packaging, easy to hold.
+ Brush is soft and can be manipulated relatively easily.
+ Tons of fibre! Totally double up the amount of lashes you have!
+ Dries fast, no mess.
+ Dark, opaque colour, thick consistency.
+ smear and smudge proof.
+ Fixes curled lashes shape brilliantly!

- Kinda tough for application on lower lashes.
- Not water proof :(


Details
Size
8.2ml
Price
Rm35++?
Made in
Italy~


Summary


I really love this mascara!! One of the best I've ever used. Maybelline mascara rocks! :D

Thanks for reading~ xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)