Nuffnang~

Sunday 13 March 2016

Product review : Bobbi brown corrector




Packaging
It's simple and classic looking. Very small and light. You can just toss it in ur bag to touch up your make up anytime! It also has a tiny mirror in it in case you can't go to toilet for touch up.

Applicator 
Doesn't come with an applicator. I suggest applying it with a concealer brush. You can also use your finger.... But dust will get stuck in it and its so hard to take them out without scooping and wasting loads of the concealer. So.... Just go get a brush xD

*reminder : Keep it in cool place. I've tried putting it near some warm place and it turned into this soft, creamy, oily texture. It'll turn back to normal after it cools down.. But I think it will loose its original structure, coz it happened to mine. New ones always seem to have better coverage, i think its becoz of this haha~

Texture
Stickiness: 
very thick and creamy. Therefore better coverage. Recommended to conceal pimples, blemishes, moles.

Moisturising effect:
Smooth and doesn't flake. Not dry upon application, but after around.... 2-3 hours the skin starts to dry up and it will start to flake. So bring it out with you if you are planning to go out for long hours.

Coverage
I would say quite good. Had been using this for 5 years. I use this as eye concealer (but it's recommended to use liquid ones on eyes) But my skin is very dry now, including the skin under my eyes, therefore it doesn't really stay and it will have this wrinkly appearance after few hours when it dries up. So I think it suits moisten skin better. Using it on other parts of the face is okay though.

Colour
I'm using Light peach. It's a little pinkish and suits my skin better. I've tried Natural before this, it's too yellow for my skin. Make sure you choose the correct colour for your skin tone! Ask for help from the counter lady~ They will help you match your skin colour. It's best to get a tone lighter than your skin tone if you have very dark eye circles like me~

How long will it last
As I mentioned earlier, it dries up after 2-3 hours and you havta reapply it. However, if you skin is moist, you apply moisturiser and all, then it will last longer. But of cos on oily skin, it's like any other concealer, when it gets oily, it will start to be diffused at the margins. You can use oil blot to clear off the oil first then reapply.

Ease of application
Very easy. If I'm rushing I usually use my finger n just dap it under my eyes. Super fast and easy to blend out. Will not leave patches~


Summary
It's really good. Tried a few cheap and expensive concealer and always comes back to using this. Works well especially good for emergency situation where you need fast touch up on your make up.

Additinal Details
Size 
1.4g
Price
Rm95?
Made in
USA

Pros cons
+ small packaging, easy to carry around.
+ thick consistency, coverage is good.
+ doesn't really flake unless you have dry skin.
+ wide range of colour to choose the best suitable colour for your skin.
+ very easy application, even comes with a tiny mirror for convenience.
+ blends out well, will not leave patches.

- dries up skin relatively fast.
- repeated application needed
- not suitable for dry skin and for use under eyes.
- pricey

Feel free to drop me comments :)

Thanks for reading! Xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)