Nuffnang~

Friday 13 September 2013

Product review : Étude house wonder pore freshener

Do you have skin with large pores? Here comes étude house wonder pore freshener/toner to the rescue!




Claims
1) Deep cleanses pores
2) Maintains skin at ph 4.5
3) controls sebum production
4) Minimizes appearance of pores
5) Refines skin tone
6) Keeps elasticity of pores
7) Moisturizes skin in and out


Packaging
Comes in a really HUGE bottle. Not very convenient for travelling but they also have this tiny bottle which you can buy and bring it to travel. Love the packaging! The light blue colour feels so calm and refreshing~


Smell
It smells like.... Powder-chemical-ish -.- I don't know how to describe it but it's not really a strong smell and not like those fragrance smell either. It doesn't irritate me much, kinda like the smell after using it for a few times :P


Applicator 


It comes with a compressible pressure pump kinda thing. It's so cool that I got excited when I first saw it coz I've only seen these stuff on tv -.- call me ulu but this was one of the reason I bought this big ass bottle before reading any reviews about it. xD

Pump dispenses a sufficient amount of liquid in 1 pump therefore none goes to waste.




*reminder : usually I just need 1 pump and it's sufficient, I only use half of the cotton pad each time~


Texture
Stickiness:
Nope. Not sticky at all I would say. It's totally like water, absorbs into the skin right away.

Moisturising effect:
Moisturises a little. I've tried putting it on half of my face. At the end of the day, oil production of both sides are actually quite equal. But it did keep the face moist right after cleansing.

Glossy look:
It doesn't really give shine to the face. Great for day time use coz it doesn't create an oily look to the face.


Effect on skin
Non irritating. Doesn't cause pimples. Double cleanses the skin after cleanser.


Ease of application
Easy to apply. The pump is just so convenient!

Claims achieved 
1) Deep cleanses pores: maybe? I do see some make up residue on my cotton pad sometimes.

2) Maintains skin at ph 4.5: sorry, can't measure this.

3) Controls sebum production: not really. Both skin with and without it produces same amount of sebum.

4) Minimizes appearance of pores: this is the main purpose of it but I guess my pores are just too large to be minimised? Used it for about 1-2 months now. Large pores are not minimized. Small ones a little i guess. 

5) Refines skin tone: not really.

6) Keeps elasticity of pores: it does close up the pores a little when I use it right after cleansing.

7) Moisturizes skin in and out: just a little but good enough for the day.


Additional Details
Size:
500ml
Price:
Rm 79.90
Made in:
Korea


Pros cons
+ nice packaging
+ not sticky
+ light moisturising. Good for using during the day.
+ doesn't make skin look oily.
+ cool and useful pump.
+ can be used for.... Like.... forever.

- quite expensive, but price is cheap for such a big bottle.
- smell might be irritating for some.
- comes only in super large size
- doesn't really have any pore minimizing effect on skin 


Summary
I don't really see any effect that some bloggers raved about. Maybe it doesnt work for my type of skin? For me it's not very worth it coz it doesn't come in small sizes so I couldn't try it first before buying the big one. I guess it's great for those who are looking for a very light toner. Can be used on sensitive skin also coz it really doesn't irritate the skin at all.

Any suggestions on pore minimising products? Feel free to leave a comment!

Thanks for reading~ xoxo!

2 comments:

  1. drop by! I'm using this toner hehe can get cheaper price during sales like buy one free one. :)Oh ya i like etude house sunblock "sunprise 50+ cotton touch powder cream",not oily at all.can give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yup! Got it from the sales also~ okay! Shall try that soon. I have too many sunblocks in the meantime. Heh

      Delete

Thanks for the comment! :)